The vision of First United Church is to Seek, Experience and Express God’s Love.
Our Mission is to create an inclusive and open community of faith that:
- Recognizes that our faith is a journey illuminated by God’s love;
- Calls us to create sacred space that offers security and respect; and
- Affirms that our faith is calling us to express God’s love to all persons, regardless of their age, diverse abilities, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, social status, or ethnicity.
We believe that the board, the core ministries, the staff and congregation are responsible together for:
- Offering radical hospitality to stranger and friend;
- Creating a climate of respect and trust; and
- Continuing to study, reflect, worship and pray.